Despite how common symptoms of anxiety and depression are these days, there’s a general lack of understanding about how to address them in a holistic (whole-person) way.
About 1 in 5 American adults has an anxiety disorder (and that number appears to be climbing), and about 7% have experienced a depressive episode within the last year — and that’s just at the clinical threshold, meaning that many more folks have experienced subclinical symptoms of anxiety and depression that they may or may not be aware of or getting help with.
Inspired by a celebration earlier this week for the opening of a new mental health group called The Collective here in Nashville, I decided to focus this solo episode on how I conceptualize anxiety and depression and the various facets we need to consider as we’re working toward stability, healing, and wholeness.
To listen to the episode, stream from the player below, or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your fave podcast app.
PS- take 30 seconds to leave a review (easily right from your phone) and make my day!
Additional Resources + Stuff Mentioned on the Episode:
- The Collective (Nashville)
- Light Seer’s Tarot by Chris-Anne
- Southern Dharma / Lama Rod Owens – The Dharma of Collective Resiliency retreat
- Susannah Conway’s Unravel Your Year 2020 free workbook
- Jenny Blake’s Pivot Podcast episode 147 on Setting Your 2020 Pivot Strategy
- Marie Forleo’s Decade in Review 3-part series on MarieTV
- Russ Harris’s ACT YouTube channel, 8-week online program, The Happiness Trap book, illustrated version, and actcompanion app
- Timothy Gordon on ACT, episode 27 of WTFP
- Sign up for my Mid-Week Magic weekly email including a song of the week, mantra of the week, and 5-minute challenge of the week!
- Misfit Manifestors website and Instagram — check it out, and thanks in advance for being an early follower/subscriber!
- As always, if I forgot anything from this list and you can’t find the link you want, just comment here, shoot me an email, or DM on the gram.
Podcast #51: A Whole-Person Approach for Healing Depression & Anxiety
December 12, 2019