Whether you observe Thanksgiving or not, we can all use frequent reminders to zoom out and appreciate what we have.
After all, it’s a heck of a lot more peaceful to love what we have than it is to focus on/want what we don’t have.
In this solo episode, I’m sharing with you a modified version of a wonderful exercise by Ann Marie Davis, one among many powerful exercises in The Work That Reconnects, which was originally created by deep ecologist and Buddhist scholar, Joanna Macy. The exercise starts after the intro, about 11 minutes in.
Through this powerful exercise, you’ll learn about and experience first-hand the concept of Deep Time. If possible, it would be ideal to listen to the exercise (11 minutes til the end) in a space/time where you can be still and quiet, perhaps in savasana or another resting pose, and not at a time where you’re likely to fall asleep to my oh-so-soothing voice 😛 Or if that’s not workable, listening elsewhere would still be impactful!
And as I hit this exciting landmark of my 50th episode, THANK YOU from the bottom of my Lisa-Frank-sticker-covered, truffle-loving heart for listening! It means so much to me to receive your notes about what you’re resonating with in the podcast and my weekly emails. I quite literally wouldn’t/couldn’t do this without you. *e-hug*
To listen to the episode, stream from the player below, or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your fave podcast app.
PS- take 30 seconds to leave a review (easily right from your phone) and make my day!
Additional Resources + Stuff Mentioned on the Episode:
- The Work That Reconnects
- Joanna Macy – Coming Back to Life, Active Hope
- More about Deep Time
- Original version of “Harvesting the Gifts of the Ancestors” exercise by Ann Marie Davis
- Sign up for my Mid-Week Magic weekly email including a song of the week, mantra of the week, and 5-minute challenge of the week!
- Misfit Manifestors website and Instagram — check it out, and thanks in advance for being an early follower/subscriber!
- As always, if I forgot anything from this list and you can’t find the link you want, just comment here, shoot me an email, or DM on the gram.
Podcast #50: Harvesting the Gifts of the Ancestors
November 28, 2019