On this episode of the podcast, I’m delving into a #unpopularopinion I have about how I often see yoga practiced in the west.
That’s all I’m gonna say about it — check out the quick episode, check out the resources below, and let’s continue this important conversation.
To listen to the episode, stream from the player below, or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your fave podcast app.
…and remember that taking 30 seconds to leave a review right from your phone gives you major karma points 🙌💜
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES + STUFF MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
- What is the Difference Between Cultural Appropriation and Cultural Appreciation? by Susanna Barkataki
- The 8 limbs of yoga (the physical asanas are only ONE of them!)
- Ashtanga yoga
- Why I Had to Break Up with Asthanga Yoga by Sarah Ezrin
- Iyengar yoga
- Yoga Therapy
- Trauma-Informed Yoga is People-Informed Yoga by Hala Khouri
- As always, if I forgot anything from this list and you can’t find the link you want, just comment here, shoot me an email, or DM on Instagram!
Podcast #44: Why Are We So Obsessed with Alignment in Yoga?
August 29, 2019