Liz Talago is a SPITFIRE, y’all.
When she’s not riding her Harley through the streets of Nashville or the mountains of Montana, she’s pushing the “acceptable” boundaries of sexual expression as a model of boutique lingerie; she’s advocating for women in the workplace; she’s changing the way women think about money and their earning potential. And I AM HERE FOR IT.
In this conversation, Liz and I talk about:
- how her family and others are dealing with the political divide
- how the patriarchy positions a woman’s body/sexuality as a liability
- the double bind women face with our sexuality, and the modesty trap we can fall into
- her own journey from Catholic school and shaming of sexuality to fully stepping into her sexual power (and what her new black widow tattoo has to do with this)
- her collaborative photo exhibit, “Sweating Like a Whore in Church”
- how we start moving the needle to actually create change in the #metoo era
- navigating personal vs professional identity, and how those of us with privilege need to be the ones pushing the boundaries
To listen, stream from the player below, or find the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or search and subscribe on your podcast app of choice.
Thanks for listening, and if you dig, please share it with a friend and review the podcast on iTunes because it helps more people find it! xx
About Liz Talago
Liz is a writer, brand strategist, and freelance model living in Nashville, TN. She writes about money, sex, women, and work at liztalago.com where she shares actionable, unfiltered career advice for the #metoo era. As a co-founder of Lean-In and Ladies Get Paid in Nashville, Liz loves finding ways to empower and uplift her tribe in person and online. Follow her on Instagram @immaculate.confessions
Mentioned on This Episode:
- obé: Our Body Electric / @obe_fitness on Instagram
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Liz’s recent blog post “Happily Hired: Confidence, Cash, and Sexual Expression”
- Rich Roll podcast episode with Jedediah Jenkins on Shaking the Sleeping Self
- Lean In Nashville
- Ladies Get Paid – Upcoming Nashville event on November 9
- And as always if I forgot anything and you can’t find the link you want, just comment here, shoot me an email, or DM!
Podcast #20: Liz Talago on Embracing Sexuality & Navigating Professional Identity
October 25, 2018